[Avodah] The Shulchan Aruch's "Beis Din"

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu May 21 18:25:46 PDT 2015

We discussed a number of times the fact that the SA doesn't follow the
rule in his haqdamah to OC about following the majority of the Rif, the
Rambam and the Rosh. Less often, peoeple mention actual examples. So,
in case you were looking for one, the AhS mentions on OC 606:8-9 the
machloqes about whetherit's a mitzbvah to eat on erev YK.

In se'if 8 we learn the the Rif, the Ramnam and the Smag omit this idea,
and in se'if 9 he says the Rosh, Tur and SA (se'if 1) hold that it's
a mitzvah.