[Avodah] Another Chumera ends up Involving a Kula

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu May 21 11:46:27 PDT 2015

On 05/21/2015 11:36 AM, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:
> In OC 196:1, the Rama mentions the minhag of blowing 30 qolos at the
> end of RH mussaf. "Ule'achar sheyatze'u bazeh, shuv ein litqua od
> bechinam."
>
> (Although a qatan, even higia lechinuch, may.)

Not bechinam; for practice, so that he may one day blow for real.

> So, if in your shul, people stay late to hear other varations of the
> qolos -- Rashi, Brisker, shevarim-ter'uah beneshimah achas or 2 neshimos,
> etc... -- they are actually being meiqil as well.

No, they're not.  None of these tekios are "bechinam", any more than the
last 30 kolos "le`arvev es hasatan", or a katan blowing for practice.

--
Zev Sero               I have a right to stand on my own defence, if you
zev at sero.name          intend to commit felony...if a robber meets me in