[Avodah] Learning Chumash with the Trop

Prof. Levine via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri May 15 13:39:23 PDT 2015

My 6 year-old grandson who is in the first grade was taught the trop
at the same time he was being taught Chumash.  The bottom line is
that when he says the Pesukim he has studies in yeshiva,  he says
each word with the trop.  I think this makes it easier for him to
remember the Pesukim.

When he davens,  he says Shma with the trop!

I can only wonder why this is not done in all yeshivas.

When it will come time for him to lein at his Bar Mitzvah,  it should
be much easier for him than for those boys who are taught Chumash
without the trop.

YL

llevine at stevens.edu