[Avodah] A Papal Honor for an Orthodox Rabbi.

Harry Maryles via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Apr 23 10:54:52 PDT 2015

JTA is reporting that Pope Francis will be bestowing Papal Knighthood upon Rabbi Arthur Schneier (who I believe is an Orthodox Rabbi) for (among other things) his work in promoting a positive relationship with the Church. According to JTA, Schneier will formally become a knight of Saint Sylvester at a ceremony on April 27.Isn't there a Halachic probelm with this? It would seem to me that becoming a 'knight' in the Catholic church  would at least be Avak Avodah Zara - even though it is just honorary?
HM  Want Emes and Emunah in your life?

Try this: http://haemtza.blogspot.com/