[Avodah] Rice and Corn May be Eaten for the Entire Day of Erev Pesach

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Mar 29 13:45:58 PDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 12:49:36PM +0000, Arie Folger wrote:
: Arguably, R' Meir, this is one of teh worst examples you could have
: brought, since the conclusion of the sugya is exactly what you deny,
: namely, that even if BD erred or even intentionally declared rosh chodesh
: on the wrong day, their date is binding.
: Of course, depending of how expansive or restrictive one wants to interpret
: that sugya...

Yeah, I don't think the sugya is relevent altogether, because I would
go with "restrictive". Qidush haChodesh isn't pesaq. It creates Rosh
Chodesh for reasons of its own. hazeh LAKHEM". As R' Aqiva says, it's a
special gezeiras hakasuv, "asher tiqre'u osam bemo'adim" and "'atem...
atem... atem...' -- 'atem' afilu shogegin, 'atem' afilu meizidin, 'atem'
afilu mut'in."

:-)||ii!

Micha Berger             Today is the 3rd day
micha at aishdas.org        in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Tifferes sheb'Chesed: What is perfectly
Fax: (270) 514-1507                            balanced Chesed?