[Avodah] ADHD and Havinenu

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Mar 28 09:57:21 PDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 12:41:08PM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:
> On 28/03/2013 12:29 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
>> It could be read as
>> 1- an idiom referring to one spoken declaration. Or as
>> 2- "qedushah kulam ke'echad onim, ve'omerim beyir'ah 'Qadosh...'"

>> Nusach Sepharad requires the latter, since they have an adjective which
>> breaks the idiom, "kulam ke'echad onim be'eimah, veomerim beyir'ah

>> Now, does that shed light on how to parse the Ashkenazi nusach? IOW, we
>> might assume that Ashkenaz too has a comma between "kulam ke'echad onim"
>> and "ve'omerim" because we treat nusach Sepharad as a paraalel. Or did the
>> Ashkenazi nusach refrain from the "be'eimah" because it bedavqa wants a
>> single idiom -- in contrast to Sepharad?

> Yavo hakasuv hashlishi, or rather, yavo an ancestor of Ashkenaz: Italian
> has "...besafa berura bin`ima uvikdusha, kulam ke'echad onim beyir`ah,
> ve'omerim: kadosh...".   If the current Nusach Ashkenaz version does indeed
> descend from this one, then it would indicate that option #2 is intended.

Or that it was considered and intentionally rejected.

Which was my point. I don't know how people decide when to compare and
when to contrast.

:-)||ii!

Micha Berger             Today is the 2nd day
micha at aishdas.org        in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Gevurah sheb'Chesed: What is constricted
Fax: (270) 514-1507                           Chesed?