[Avodah] Kitnyios [and Yoshon and chumros]

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Mar 25 15:13:59 PDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 06:26:18PM -0400, David Wacholder wrote:
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 06:26:18PM -0400, David Wacholder wrote:
: <<<1) Is "shemen kik" (castor oil?) kitniyot?  no standard minhag to
: prohibit minhag not to use it
: 1-A: DW heard from the Chernobyler Rebbe of Boro Park, retired chaplain of
: Maimonides Hospital, that RMF said - "every Chumraa iis a Kula". Stringent
: one direction means lenient in many others. If I would have known this when
: I was young....

: <<<3) 2 things that that we are not able to do today - a) drink a reviit of
: wine in one sip - some Purim after-effects here. He surely meant not
: swallowing the Matza "in one gulp:. I have seen a strong strapping youth
: have his face go red trying to eat a gigantic quantity of Matza at once...

A qulah that comes to a chumerah. Too big of a kezayis, and one is being
meiqil in the definition of akhilah gasa.

: b) to draw out the dalid of echath  th th th th - likein Teimanim to this
: day

Ibn Greirol, in one of his piyutim, asks the bees to continue saying their
Shema. Compare the /dh/ sound that begins the word "this" with the buzzing
of a bee, and this comment fits nicely.

:-)|,|ii!