[Avodah] How do Chabad deal with the Amen of Krias Shema

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Feb 21 14:54:01 PST 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 07:01:33AM -0500, Zev Sero wrote:
> That there are different valid shittot is precisely why it *is* a problem.
> Even if this rov has paskened it, he hasn't made it go away...

Actually, he does make the problem go away. The problem is only for people
who feel there are insufficient grounds to pasqen one way or the other,
and thus treat the matter as a doubt to be avoided.

The diagonal mezuzah to avoid hanging it kemin nagar is a rarity among
machloqsei rishonim. Usually we follow this shitah or that, and not attempt
to accomodate or worry about every tzad of a machloqes. For that matter
compromise or machloqes-as-unresolved-safeiq doesn't become common until
the late 19th cent in Lithuania (think Brisk, the MB, etc...)