[Avodah] How do Chabad deal with the Amen of Krias Shema

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Thu Feb 21 04:01:33 PST 2013

On 21/02/2013 1:18 AM, Liron Kopinsky wrote:

>>> I know some shuls, where the rav is an accepted Talmud Chacham, who Davka
>>> say amen out loud right before shema.

>> And therefore?

> And therefore you can't say it's a problem for everyone. There are different
> valid shittot.

That there are different valid shittot is precisely why it *is* a problem.
Even if this rov has paskened it, he hasn't made it go away.  He can't -- and
surely doesn't -- say it's not a problem.  He's just dealt with it by boldly
taking one side, that he thinks has more weight than the other.

> This shul, I think, Davka say amen out loud to show that they believe it
> to be universal Halacha that it is not a hefsek,

I don't see how they can say that.

--
Zev Sero               A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and
zev at sero.name          substantial reason' why he should be permitted to