[Avodah] tfilat haderech and birchat hagomel

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed Jan 30 11:17:55 PST 2013

On 30/01/2013 5:16 AM, Rich, Joel wrote:
> Didn't RYBS get all upset at the idea that the chazakah of "tav lemeitav
> tan du" is only valid in certain cultures, and not an eternal statement
> on the nature of female humans?  So how is "kol hadrachim bechezkas
> sakanah" different?
> Zev Sero
> If I had to guess- tan du was inherent in creation based on nachash story, drachim just a contemporary reality chazakah.

Where does the gemara relate tan-du to the nachash?  Surely that's RYBS's
own chidush; so relying on it to distinguish the two chazakot would be
begging the question.

--
Zev Sero               A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and
zev at sero.name          substantial reason' why he should be permitted to