[Avodah] Shituf

Akiva Miller kennethgmiller at juno.com
Wed Jan 9 04:11:49 PST 2013

R' Micha Berger wrote:

> Notice though that shituf is not an alternative concept to AZ.
> Rather, it's a type of AZ that is permissable to Benei Noach.
> For a Jew to perform the rite to accomodate a Ben Noach would
> be assur, because for the Jew AZ beshituf is still within the
> issurim of AZ.

This is an interesting chiluk, but I don't see that it necessarily follows from any of the sources you brought. Rather, if it is a type of AZ that is permissable to Benei Noach, then I see a *possibility* that there might be kulos for us as well, such as a possible heter to accommodate them. I have no idea what the halacha actually is.

Akiva Miller