[Avodah] Why Lie When Truth Can Also Achieve Peace

Arie Folger afolger at aishdas.org
Wed Jan 2 08:59:35 PST 2013

RSZ wrote:
> > Ruach Hakodesh never went away; it's what tzadikim today have.  It's
> > not direct communication of information; it's an ability to see the
> > hidden truth.  So by default he would know everything that it's relevant
> > for him to know, unless Hashem specifically hides it from him.

I responded:
> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 8:07 AM, Arie Folger <afolger at aishdas.org> wrote:
> That's your statement. Can you please back this up with Chazal? Or at least
> a Rishon?

R' Liron Kopinsky then replied:
> Gemarrah in Brachos when talking about the Neviot says that Leah Imenu was
> *not* a Neviah, but named her children with Ruach HaKodesh.

Well, does that gemara say that Leah knew what was goign to happen
with her children? Or that she was inspired to name them as she did,
not necessarily understanding why?

I think that the gemara does not unambiguously point to the former,
hence you did not respond to my challenge to RSZ.

--
Arie Folger,
Recent blog posts on http://ariefolger.wordpress.com/