[Avodah] CHAZAK CHAZAK, V'NITCHAZEK

cantorwolberg at cox.net cantorwolberg at cox.net
Thu Mar 7 09:13:43 PST 2013

We finish the Book of Shmos this Shabbos and the very last verse
contains the words "...l'einay chol beis Yisroel..." (before the eyes of
all of the HOUSE of Israel).  The very last three words of the entire
Torah are  "...l'einay kol Yisroel" (before the eyes of all Israel). Why
is the word "beis" [HOUSE of ] missing at the end of the Torah but not
the end of Shmos?
I don't know if that question was ever raised but my pure guess is that
the HOUSE (beis) is missing at the end because it refers to the
Beis Hamikdash which tragically will be destroyed in the future.