[Avodah] Explaining Seder haAvodah

David Riceman driceman at optimum.net
Tue Sep 25 09:57:21 PDT 2012

RMB:

<<Anyone have suggestions for what to say before YK Mussaf to a room of
semi-observant O affiliated Jews so as to help them relate to Seder
haAvodah?>>

The minyan I often get asked to speak at is a bit more observant than
that, but I think a lot of people there have the same problem. I
generally pick out one detail and try to explain it.  One year, for
example, I discussed the gemara in Yoma about how the Cohen Gadol really
ought to use two right hands in the Kodesh HaKodoshim on YK (i can look
up the details after Yom Tov, DV).  This year I hope to discuss the
midrash "v'nasa hasair - zeh eisav - es kol avonos Tam, shene'emar
v'yaakov ish tam".

Somehow every detail I pick leads either to H. Teshuva in the Rambam or
Rabbi Kook's Oros HaTeshuva.

David Riceman