[Avodah] Explaining Seder haAvodah

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Sep 24 11:02:03 PDT 2012

Anyone have suggestions for what to say before YK Mussaf to a room of
semi-observant O affiliated Jews so as to help them relate to Seder
haAvodah?

What I do for myself for Mussaf (in general, not just YK) or saying
Qorbanos in Shacharis, when nothing else works, is to lament that
inability to relate itself. Being so far removed from the BHMQ that I
can't bring myself to feel the loss of animal sacrifice is itself a loss
to mourn.

But when speaking to people whose shemiras Shabbos is itself iffy, I
doubt I can get them to feel something based on an abstract desire to
better conform to the values in the Torah.

So I am begging for suggestions.

GCT!

Micha Berger             It is our choices...that show what we truly are,
micha at aishdas.org        far more than our abilities.
http://www.aishdas.org                           - J. K. Rowling
Fax: (270) 514-1507