[Avodah] re pas yisrael

Poppers, Michael Michael.Poppers at kayescholer.com
Wed Sep 12 20:07:41 PDT 2012

In Avodah V30n126, RMBrody wrote:
> The Shelah wrote that to protect from tumah, some would only eat
pas made with fruit juice and not water. Not sure whether that was in
Europe where he spent most of his life or from the mysticism  of Israel. <
Meanderings of the mind:
-- Does anyone hold that pas haba b'kisnin is not m'qabeil tum'ah (apparently yes)?
-- Do such opinions hold that n'tilas yadayim is not necessary prior to eating such pas (I'm guessing not, especially if one is making a meal out of that pas)?
If these two suppositions are correct, don't they contradict each other?  TIA for helping me out here....

All the best from
-- Michael Poppers via BB pager