[Avodah] Using electronic water meters on Shabbos

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Sep 11 11:29:41 PDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 01:45:27PM +0300, Marty Bluke wrote:
: 2 months ago I started a discussion about this and various people suggested
: some possible halachic justifications allowing the use of them. In today's
: Yated Neeman there was not 1 not 2 but 3 separate "Kol Koreh's" against
: using ANY kind of electronic water meter. They write in the name of various
: gedolim (see below) against using heterim based on safek pesik reisha or
: grama as they are [dimuyum mefuqfaqim me'od]...

Given how these Qol Qoreis work, my instinctive reation is that such a
proclomation, as opposed to a published teshuvah, reinforces my belief
that safeiq pesiq reishei or gerama is actually valid in the eyes of
those whose opinions matter.