[Avodah] R' Chaim Kanievsky: Better to daven in a minyan where people don't have smartphones

Marty Bluke marty.bluke at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 03:34:05 PDT 2012

as they are poretz geder and therefore everyone's tefillos are less
accepted, see
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-E-WZdrmYXSE/UE8W5zRk_8I/AAAAAAAAFRw/pAGXb2MZQzE/s1600/iphone+minyan.jpg

The Tzlach that is quoted is talking about sinners in general, why should
we single out iPhone users? According to the Tzlach you shouldn't daven in
a minyan with any sinners.

Do we really pasken like this Tzlach any time during the year? Do we ever
find that people set up minyanim of tzadikim and don't let sinners join?
Don't we specifically say on Yom Kippur night "anu matirim l'hispallel im
havaryanim"