[Avodah] When Are Mitzos Rewarded, The Passul Mezuza

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Sun Aug 26 10:23:12 PDT 2012

On 25/08/2012 5:15 AM, Meir Rabi wrote:

> The Gemara insists that HKBH is Metzaref a well intentioned plan
> and deems it to be as though it was performed.

"Metzaref" means "joins".   Hashem joins a good thought to a deed done
without thought.  What has that got to do with pretending someone has
done a mitzvah when he has not?  Where did you get such an idea?  What
does "keman de`avad lo amrinan" mean?

> Whoever takes proper care to install a Kosher Mezuzah gets the full
> Sechar of having had a Kosher Mezuzah, in spite of the fact that it is Passul.

That is absolutely without foundation.  I cannot imagine where you could
have seen such a thing.

> So even in these cases he will receive full Sechar, even though he DID
> NOT DO IT. He does not need to do it to be rewarded, to be loyal.

Sechar mitzvah is not for being loyal, it's for doing the mitzvah.  If
you didn't, then what are you getting sechar for?

--
Zev Sero        "Natural resources are not finite in any meaningful
zev at sero.name    economic sense, mind-boggling though this assertion