[Avodah] Brush teeth after seudat shlishit

Akiva Miller kennethgmiller at juno.com
Wed Aug 8 12:21:42 PDT 2012

R' Michael Poppers wrote:

> ... Rav Hershel Schachter is quoted as equating "oleh al
> shulchan m'lachim" with the Shabbos table -- see
> http://koltorah.org/ravj/14-3%20Pat%20Akum%202.htm

I had to read it several times until I was sure I understood it. That article actually says:

> Rav Hershel Schachter is quoted as ruling that the Bishul
> Akum prohibition applies even if the food is worthy to be
> served at a Shabbat table.

The critical words are "even if". He seems to be saying that kings have an even higher standard than Shabbos has: Bishul Akum applies to what goes on the king's table, and EVEN to foods which are merely good enough for Shabbos.

Thus, if a food is not good enough for the king's table, it is certainly not good enough for the Shabbos table.

Wow. I am very surprised, but this *is* what I asked for!

Akiva Miller