[Avodah] Magreifah and Yir'ah

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Aug 8 02:30:01 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 07:20:01AM +0300, Liron Kopinsky wrote:
:> While this is often taken as guzma, I would note that 10 pipes, each
:> of which having only one hole that can be covered to turn it off,
:> would allow for 1,024 combinations. So 1,000 qolos (Y-mi: minei zemer)
:> meaning 1,000 chords would be a gross *under*statement for 10 pipes with
:> 10 holes each, not an exageration. Maybe around 1,000 aren't just noise.

: If each tube is ten notes higher than the next, then 100 tubes with ten
: holes equals 1000 notes. Why assume it means chords?

Because I was discussing Shemu'el, 10 pipes with 10 holes each.