[Avodah] Does Daf Yomi Exemplify Talmud Torah?

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Wed Aug 1 11:15:50 PDT 2012

<<I just fear (as I said on Areivim) that these discussions are an
example of "the perfect is the enemy of the good". Daf Yomi gets men in
front of sefarim, and while they could learn more or better, they are
learning. (I presume no one is claiming actual zero comprehension.) It's
what we have, and it works that far.>>

See the citation from the author of the Tanya in AhS YD 246:17.

David Riceman

AIUI the ah's is saying it's a lchatchila bdieved - we'd be better off if we could educate people that they shouldn't always get what they want but if we try sometimes we might just find that they can get what they need instead
KT
Joel Rich

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.