[Avodah] Mechallel Shabbos to destroy a non-kosher phone?

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Sat Jul 7 12:05:31 PDT 2012

I don't that the "what is the situation in which someone sees someone
(presumably dati) using the phone on Shabbat and how could it happen at
all" question is the important point here. The Rebbe's point could be
that destroying a so-called non-kosher phone is so important that it
could be done Shabbat.

Ben