[Avodah] Who is a Talmid Chacham

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Sat Jul 7 12:54:14 PDT 2012

I am not talking about what he should do when the robbery is taking
place. OK if a robbery is in progress call the police. But before it
ever gets to that point, how is it that he can demand from society the
same number of patrols, that security cameras be installed on his
street, etc if he has this guard and therefore doesn't have to pay a
tax? That is what doesn't make any sense. On one hand he is saying I
don't need to pay but on the other hand is he is saying "yes I need
police protection just as much as anyone else".

Ben