[Avodah] yeihareig val yaavor

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Thu Jul 5 17:56:44 PDT 2012

On 5/07/2012 4:17 PM, Micha Berger wrote:

> Chazal do use magnitude of onesh to establish a qal vachomer, but
> not qv"ch stands up to a single rei'usa. Thus, the 3 YVY applying in
> situations where Shabbos would be considered oneis Rachmanah patrei
> would be enough to break the qv"ch you are suggesting.

I'm not suggesting a qv"ch, I'm saying that YVY is not a measure of
an aveira's severity.

> There is a bigger problem with it, IMHO. Murder requires kaparah
> from two sources -- both HQBH and the victims (plural to include
> almanah, yesomim, etc...)

Who says this?  Maybe kam leih bid'raba mineih, just like burning
down someone's haystack on Shabbos.

> I refer back to Avos 2:1,

That is about mitzos, not aveiros.  We certainly do know how to rank
aveiros.

>  and lefum tza'arah agra

Again, mitzvos, not aveiros.  There is no "agra" for aveiros.

--
Zev Sero        "Natural resources are not finite in any meaningful
zev at sero.name    economic sense, mind-boggling though this assertion