[Avodah] The Main Idea of Judaism

hankman hankman at bell.net
Thu Jul 5 12:55:51 PDT 2012

It just occurs to me to add to what I posted previously and reproduced
below that if the central theme is do Tikun Olom so hatava from HKB'H
can flow to you, the central theme of tikun olam is to emulate HKB'H
(ma hu rachum af ata rachum etc). The tikun olam is not just a means to
"earn" ones keep, but it is also the mechanism that enables the hatava to
flow. The emulation creates a sheychus and allows the relationship to H'
(the flow of hatava) to exist, the greater the emulation (the more G-D
like), the greater the relationship, the greater the hatava.

Kol tuv
Chaim Manaster

I think that what I expressed comes very close to shivisi H' lenegdi
tamid.

I guess for for another try I will go back to basic notions from the
sefer Derech H'

So, the purpose of the bria is so HKB'H can be maitiv lezuloso. This
is structured so that we can "earn" our hatava by tikun olam (not sure
who originated this phrase) and of ourselves. The details of the tikun
("earning" our keep) are those laid out in the many details of the
commands of the Torah.

 From my point of view, this last paragraph just fleshed out (slightly)
what the rotzon of HKB'H was in my first response. Of course this has
more layers than an onion if you wish to flesh it out even more.