[Avodah] The Main Idea of Judaism

hankman hankman at bell.net
Thu Jul 5 12:38:54 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 02:03:45PM -0400, hankman wrote:
: I think the answer is trivially simple! It is to do the rotzon of
: HKB"H at all times to the best of your ability. All the rest is detail
: and that is far from trivial.

RMB responded:
> I thought the whole question was "What one theme is central to His Ratzon
> for what we should be accomplishing in life?"

CM tries again:
I think that what I expressed comes very close to shivisi H' lenegdi
tamid.

I guess for for another try I will go back to basic notions from the
sefer Derech H' So, the purpose of the bria is so HKB'H can be maitiv
lezuloso. This is structured so that we can "earn" our hatava by tikun
olam (not sure who originated this phrase) and of ourselves. The details
of the tikun ("earning" our keep) are those laid out in the many details
of the commands of the Torah.

 From my point of view, this last paragraph just fleshed out (slightly)
what the rotzon of HKB'H was in my first response. Of course this has
more layers than an onion if you wish to flesh it out even more.

Kol tuv
Chaim Manaster