[Avodah] The Main Idea of Judaism

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Jul 5 12:22:41 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 10:07:52PM +0300, Doron Beckerman wrote:
: Along the lines of what RCM said, it is to make Will of Hashem the be all
: and end all of one's existence.  Essentially, it is to transform one's own
: Ratzon....

And I think both answers suffer from what must have been a lack of clarity
in my question.

Saying that the main idea of Judaism it do Hashem's Will is just a very
minor shift of my intended question. What I am trying to get at it:

1- Tell me how you view Hashem's goal for a human, so that one can plan
how to conform to His Will for them?
2- What I find more interesting, because #1 has SO MANY valid answers,
all of which are necessarily incomplete, how would you reach an answer
to #1?