[Avodah] The Main Idea of Judaism

Doron Beckerman beck072 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:07:52 PDT 2012

Along the lines of what RCM said, it is to make Will of Hashem the be all
and end all of one's existence.  Essentially, it is to transform one's own
Ratzon. Rav Wolbe (Alei Shur I:120) says that the entirety of our Avodah is
to transform one's Ratzon to be a "Ba Litaher." A person achieves in life
whatever, in the deepest parts of himself, he really wants.

Ultimately, that is what "Tzaddik BeEmunaso *Yichyeh*" means. It does not
merely mean that one needs to acquire a certain set of beliefs. It means
that one needs to live by those beliefs. RSRH to Bereshis 15 states that
Emunah is "Ikkar Hayahadus." But he bolds and underscores that it doesn't
mean to believe in Hashem, it means to live by one's belief in Hashem, and
to be putty in Hashem's hands.