[Avodah] ChatziH on Shevi'i Shel P and Drops of Wine - MaAsei YaDai

Meir Rabi meirabi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 20:01:02 PDT 2012

> How can we lift a cup in celebration and praise Gd when Gd lost the
battle?
> How can we sing Gd's praises?

R Zev, you ask: How many times do you have to repeat: Hu eino sas aval
acherim mesis; which is an explicit gemara one can't argue with.

R Zev; Be prepared to repeat it 400 times. And may you be rewarded like Rav
PreiDa.

But allow me to observe, we do not argue with the Gemara: we offer praise,
somewhat muted, restrained and even saddened, because Gd did not achieve
His preferred outcome. This is accomplished by filing and then spilling
from the cup that we will raise in His honour.

Best,

Meir G. Rabi