[Avodah] Kivrey Avos

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Fri Jun 29 14:29:13 PDT 2012

From: Micha Berger <micha at aishdas.org>

On Mon, Jun 25,  2012 Rich, Joel wrote:
:> The machlokes in the gemara whether "meisim  yod'im" refers only to what
:> is happening outside the cemetery. Lechol  hade'os they know what is
:> happening inside.

: Again: See tosfot  sotah 34b D"H avotai as well as michtav meliyahu -yamim
: noraim where he  posits those of high ruchanit stature know nothing of
: this world once they  leave it.

Except that Tosafos also include them knowing what is said in  tefillos.

--
Micha Berger
micha at aishdas.org

This week's parsha, Chukas -- see Bamidbar 20:15.  "The Egyptians did  evil
to us and to our fathers."  A more natural way to have said this would
have been "...to our fathers and to us."

Rashi therefore comments, "Mikan sheha'avos mitzta'arim bakever
keshepur'anus ba'ah al Yisrael."

"From here we see that the Avos grieve in their graves when punishment
comes upon Yisrael."

--Toby Katz
Romney -- good  values, good family, good  hair