[Avodah] Berachot in the course of a meal

cantorwolberg at cox.net cantorwolberg at cox.net
Wed Jun 27 05:57:57 PDT 2012

No one today would ever eat bread with their string beans, or with their spaghetti
but would someone have bread (other than croutons) with their salad?
I very well might put a meat ball in my bread, but the other modern Americans at the table would think it childish.

I hate to contradict you but 1) many people eat bread with spaghetti and vegetables (including string beans); 																                           2) Of course, people have bread with salad and 3) Meatball sandwiches are very common in restaurants.