[Avodah] length of pregnancy

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 03:15:27 PDT 2012

<< See Sha"ch YD 189, 13 "kol ma shebeit din lemata osim, beit din lemaala
maskimim imahem" as an explanation for physical phenomena which are
affected by the kvia of the calendar.
menucha  >>

Thanks for the reference. However, this still doesnt really explain this in
terms of our experience and modern science.
As I hinted before, it raises questions about nonJews, converts etc,

In some cases one can simply say that like all shiurim Chazal made a rule
and one has to decide something arbitrarily. However, in other cases it
seems that poskim took it literally

--
Eli Turkel