[Avodah] Bug Checker Magnifying Lamp - Cool Light

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Jun 20 13:31:42 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 03:32:31PM -0400, Prof. Levine wrote:
> I received a couple of emails today about this device. It is described at
> http://tinyurl.com/7nb7gug  There it says next to a picture of the lamp
>
> Bug Checker Magnifying Lamp - Cool Light
> Perfect Solution to Tiny Bugs - Saves You from Eye Strain
> I was under the impression that whatever "creatures" can be seen by
> someone with normal vision are of concern, and that if one cannot see
> them without magnification, then one need not be concerned about them.

As you say "whatever 'creatures' can be seen by someone with normal
vision"... The ad mentions eye strain, things a normal person can see,
but cannot comfortably look for leaf after leaf after leaf.

There is also a market for people with older eyes. Especially us short
people, for whom reading glasses are more urgent; we can only hold the
book or lettuce leaf just so far from our eyes!

(That said, my rav said the light box wasn't necessary. I'm just
advocating the other tzad in an eilu va'eilu spirit.)

Micha Berger             It's nice to be smart,
micha at aishdas.org        but it's smarter to be nice.
http://www.aishdas.org                   - R' Lazer Brody
Fax: (270) 514-1507