[Avodah] Why Not: Yehoshua BEN Nun?

hankman hankman at bell.net
Mon Jun 18 07:39:10 PDT 2012

RMB wrote:
> Nakh's halachic status reflects its being
> relayed in a manner less precise than nevu'as Moshe.

Yes, but there is more. There was the promise that there would not be
a future revelation that would add or change that given at Sinai. Of
course the difference between the quality of MR's nevuah and of the
other nevi'im may be (is) the reason for this promise.

RZS wrote:
> I see no reason to believe that MR knew anything
> you will read there. Of course it's *possible*, anything is possible,
> but I don't see any reason why it would be so. MR was taught many Torah
> secrets, but not necessarily everything.

All I see is your ASSUMPTIONS but no supporting source or authority for
your view.

Kol tuv
Chaim Manaster