[Avodah] winding on the hand

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Jun 15 09:54:17 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 09:24:19PM -0700, saul newman wrote:
: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khlf8qRSjc4  different  customs  of  retzuos
: on hand...

All of which are Chassidish... a shin that has a point on the outside,
near the base of the pinky. The rest of Ashkenaz wind "inward", so one
ends up with the point of the shin by the index finger.

In Sepharadi kesav, "Vellish", the bottom of a shin is flat, not
pointy. So I don't think there are Sepharadim who do either. ROY has a
dalet on the back of his hand. I don't know where the shin went. What
I see more commonly among Sepharadim in shul is what this kid does
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSuH69FlXiM>.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             If a person does not recognize one's own worth,
micha at aishdas.org        how can he appreciate the worth of another?
http://www.aishdas.org             - Rabbi Yaakov Yosef of Polnoye,
Fax: (270) 514-1507                  author of Toldos Yaakov Yosef