[Avodah] Why Not: Yehoshua BEN Nun?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Jun 13 09:05:11 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:54:08AM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:
>> Well, as I said, the reason can be. Niqud being min haShamayim and niqud
>> being miSinai are two different things.

> For the reason to be true, our system of nikud, complete with our
> symbols, had to exist at the time that Moshe renamed Hoshea.

Exist, yes. Revealed to humans, not necessarily.

Particularly since these are derashos -- peshat is that a diqduq rule
applies, or there were different dialects. (Perhaps those who use
"bis" as in "Bisyah" used "bin".) IOW, they are layers of meaning HQBH
providentially provided, and needn't have been part of MRAH's personal
intent.

Micha Berger             When a king dies, his power ends,
micha at aishdas.org        but when a prophet dies, his influence is just
http://www.aishdas.org   beginning.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                    - Soren Kierkegaard