[Avodah] Spouse vs. parent

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Jun 12 12:28:38 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 01:07:29PM -0400, Michael Feldstein wrote:
: I have heard that the reason is that a parent is the only individual that
: can never be replaced (whereas a spouse or a child can be).

WADR to the author of Iyov, no they can't.

The role can be filled again, but the person could never be replaced.

Which is something I don't understand about seifer Iyov. It's easier
to swallow if one considers Iyov to be fictional. But even so, is the
notion that everything is made up for Iyuv when he is able to rebuild
another family and another fortune something the author really thinkgs
the audience would swallow as plausible?

Micha Berger             Our greatest fear is not that we're inadequate,
micha at aishdas.org        Our greatest fear is that we're powerful
http://www.aishdas.org   beyond measure
Fax: (270) 514-1507                        - Anonymous