[Avodah] A wonderful Segulah

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Jun 7 03:05:04 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 12:00:53PM +0300, Shoshana L. Boublil wrote:
: Someone sent me a post stating that with summer starting and as "all roads
: are considered dangerous", we should use the Sheloh HaKadosh's segula of
: always saying "with Hashem's help".
:
: My response was the following:
: The full Segula is - look before you leap, Sof Ma'aseh BeMachshava Techilla
: - in order to say "with Hashem's help" you have to make sure you are
: behaving in a way that Hashem would approve of!!!

A third issue is hishtadus. All the bitachon one can muster (even if
we are speaking of RMAH) can only get you so far, and some hishtadlus
is needed as well. Driving sanely isn't only a way to earn the segulah,
it the only way to navigate the bitachon-hishtadlus synthesis.

And even then, bitachon (al pi the CI, pace Novhardok) is about knowing
that if ch"v one were in a crash, it's not just "bad luck" but part of
the Divine Plan. So all the bitachon and tefillah in the world, all the
remembering to do one of the 6 constant mitzvos, will not guarantee that
one will bring that Plan in line with their plans.

Micha Berger             I slept and dreamt that life was joy.
micha at aishdas.org        I awoke and found that life was duty.
http://www.aishdas.org   I worked and, behold -- duty is joy.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                        - Rabindranath Tagore