[Avodah] Any opinions on the kashrus of Peng Peng?

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Fri May 11 12:21:20 PDT 2012

On 11/05/2012 3:08 PM, Lisa Liel wrote:

> Not meaning to dilute your point, which is an excellent one, I'd
> question your parenthetical addition.  I can't think of a single
> kosher mammal that's carnivorous.  In fact, when cows had meat snuck
> into their food, they wound up with Mad Cow Disease.

Cows naturally eat meat, just not a lot of it.  Cows got BSE because
cows were fed meat from *diseased* sheep, just as (the theory goes)
humans got nvCJD because they were fed meat from diseased cows.  That
doesn't mean it's not natural or healthy for humans to eat meat, and
nor does it mean it's not natural or healthy for cows to eat meat.
It is natural and healthy, unless the meat is infected with something.
For that matter, both cows and humans can get sick from eating
contaminated vegetables, but that doesn't mean it's not natural or
healthy for them to eat vegetables!

--
Zev Sero        "Natural resources are not finite in any meaningful
zev at sero.name    economic sense, mind-boggling though this assertion