[Avodah] water and salt

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Fri May 11 09:16:56 PDT 2012

On 11/05/2012 11:10 AM, Eli Turkel wrote:
> << What about water and salt?  Where did the Torah permit those to be consumed? >>
>
> water and salt are brought to the mizbeach and only things permitted to eat can be brought to the mizbeach.

Not true.  Chelev and blood are reserved for the mizbeach, and that's
*why* we're not allowed to eat them.  Maybe water and salt are too.

> But I dont understand the question why should the Torah list explicitly every possible item that can be consumed?

That is RCM' premise that we're discussing.  My example of water and
salt is intended to refute it.

--
Zev Sero        "Natural resources are not finite in any meaningful
zev at sero.name    economic sense, mind-boggling though this assertion