[Avodah] forcing a GET

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Thu May 10 15:28:46 PDT 2012

On 10/05/2012 6:15 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 04:04:00PM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:
>> So now you're saying every man who goes to a rabbanut BD is afraid of
>> *false* imprisonment, and *this* fear should be equivalent to being
>> treated with harchokos of RT?!
>
> Yes, that was my ad absurdum case, showing why R' Dovid Eidensohn's
> demand of absolutely no coersion neither by court nor by anyone else can't
> possibly be halakhah. It doesn't make sense. I raised it in the same post
> as Batmelech's example of the pushy mother-in-law, another ad absurdum.

If people are really worried about being *falsely* imprisoned by a BD
if they don't cooperate, then I would say ein hochi nami, all gittin
issued by that BD are invalid, and the dayonim should resign in disgrace.
I don't believe that's the case in EY.

--
Zev Sero        "Natural resources are not finite in any meaningful
zev at sero.name    economic sense, mind-boggling though this assertion