[Avodah] Any opinions on the kashrus of Peng Peng?

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Tue May 1 09:22:48 PDT 2012

> You further argue, 'Hashem permitted Noach to eat "all living things."'
> My response is this might mean "all living things" then existing.

That's not what the words say.

In any case, you have still to produce an issur on eating things that are
not chayos, offos, dagim, or shratzim.   If something is not expressly
forbidden then *of course* it is permitted; there's simply no basis on
which to forbid it.  Who are you to tell someone not to do something?
Nor can you forbid things on the basis of some nice pshetel in Sifsei
Chachamim.  An azhara must be explicit or it doesn't exist.

--
Zev Sero        "Natural resources are not finite in any meaningful
zev at sero.name    economic sense, mind-boggling though this assertion