[Avodah] ret: costa concordia - and Specialization

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Thu Apr 5 14:16:13 PDT 2012

On 5/04/2012 5:10 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
> Instead you repeat something to which I already responded. Yes, until
> Jews had any hope of life without eivah, no one worried about doing things
> to avoid eivah.

That is just not true.  They did worry about eivah, and they did permit
some things mishum eivah, but they said that this particular action would
not be permitted because it would not stir up eivah.  They permitted
midwifing a nochris during the week, even though it's technically ossur,
mishum eivoh.  But they said that on Shabbos it was not permitted, because
the einom yehudim would accept our claim that shabbos overrides their
pikuach nefesh.

--
Zev Sero        "Natural resources are not finite in any meaningful
zev at sero.name    economic sense, mind-boggling though this assertion