[Avodah] Theoretical and Real Shiurim

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Thu Apr 5 13:13:27 PDT 2012

On 5/04/2012 3:46 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
> Let's take a ballpark number of the amah of an even 44cm, yielding an
> etzba of 1.83 cm, or a revi'is of 20 ml. (Given the approximation from
> the data, I'm rounding.) A kezayis would be 6.6 cc.

Um, something's gone terribly wrong with that calculation.  An amah
of 44 cm gives a revi'is of 66.55 ml, and thus a beitza of 44.37 cm^3
and a kezayis of either 22.18 cm^3 or 14.79 cm^3, depending on whether
you use 1/2 or a 1/3.

--
Zev Sero        "Natural resources are not finite in any meaningful
zev at sero.name    economic sense, mind-boggling though this assertion