[Avodah] Leading Charedi Posek Says metzitza' Should Not

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Tue Apr 3 12:46:08 PDT 2012

On 3/04/2012 3:43 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
> I do not believe anyone means "slightest" literally, if they thought
> about it. Try posing to this "prominent rav" (I have anonymity!) the
> comparison I did: Is it assur to cross the street? Is it assur to let
> our children cross the street -- or must we cross them until they get
> old enough to move away?

Forget about children.  What about ourselves?  How is this rov walking
home from shul?  Doesn't he know that there is a slight risk of being
hurt or killed on the way?

Besides which, he is contradicting an explicit pasuk, that one has the
right to risk ones life to make money.  "Ve'eilav hu nosei es nafsho."
That is a risk that is significant enough that the Torah makes mention
of it, and yet it is explicitly permitted.

--
Zev Sero        "Natural resources are not finite in any meaningful
zev at sero.name    economic sense, mind-boggling though this assertion