[Avodah] Leading Charedi Posek Says metzitza' Should Not

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Apr 3 12:43:25 PDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 01, 2012 at 02:41:26PM -0400, hankman wrote:
: Walking home from shul I mentioned this thread to a prominent Rov
: in town, (not named as I did not ask if I could quote him publicly on
: this) he responded that for pikuach nefesh there is no lower limit
: -- mephakchin olov es hagal if there is the SLIGHTEST chance the
: man is still living -- without concern for the issur Shabbos...

I do not believe anyone means "slightest" literally, if they thought
about it. Try posing to this "prominent rav" (I have anonymity!) the
comparison I did: Is it assur to cross the street? Is it assur to let
our children cross the street -- or must we cross them until they get
old enough to move away?