[Avodah] Eliyahu beHar haCarmel

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Apr 2 10:24:50 PDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 01:10:41PM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:
>> Ein [habamah] niteres ela benavi." I'm I wrong, or is RYBC saying that
>> the permissability of a navi making a bamah is mutar in principle,
>> even if only one navi invoked it?

> "Niters benavi" *is* "hora'as sha'ah".  That's what "hora'as shaah"
> *means*.

The pasuq isn't about pesaqim in general nor about hora'ah. The pasuq in
Devarim is a statement speicifically about bamos. And its heter appears
to be based on the fact that Eliyahu was told to build a bamah on Har
HaKarmel, it wasn't a place he picked himself, and thus not within the
terms of the issur.