[Avodah] alphapbet.........

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Dec 27 14:38:35 PST 2011

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 12:49:33PM -0800, Harvey Benton wrote:
: 2. how do we know the "5" were lost??
: is there a chazal that says so??

Assuming you mean the 5 spelling differences between Ashk and Seph
siferei Torah...

Far more than 5. R' Meir says we're not beqi'im in cheseiros and
melei'os.

What's interesting is that we haven't had any drift that actually
changes meaning. For a Torah that is more be'al peh than kesav, that's
the important part (IMHO).

If you mean the 5 sofios, it's a gemara in Megillah. I already pointed
to a blog entry that runs down the sources I know of, and summarized
it on-list.

Micha Berger             Weeds are flowers too
micha at aishdas.org        once you get to know them.
http://www.aishdas.org          - Eeyore ("Winnie-the-Pooh" by AA Milne)
Fax: (270) 514-1507