[Avodah] Vegetable Peeler: Clarification

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Dec 20 12:26:27 PST 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 1:55pm CST, R' Naftali Rothstein wrote:
: I think the main nafka mina is carrots because apples, etc. most people
: eat the peal and potatoes are usually peeled and (of course) cooked
: before Shabbos, so the main ochel which we are discussing is a carrot.

RNR,

I am not following what you say about "apples, etc." Isn't pesoles defined
by what I don't want at the moment, regardless of what is generally done?